From tennis and twaekwondo to ballet and LAMDA, there is a great assortment of extra-curricular activities available to our Lower School pupils, as well as a number of school events which provide enjoyment and learning beyond the classroom.
Our pupils are all encouraged to take on an extra-curricular activity and from Years 3 upwards, our Co-Curricular programme known as The Banda FLIGHT programme gives them experience of a wide range of activities – all of which combine to produce well-rounded, interested young learners.
A range of seasonal, sporting, musical, dramatic, artistic, academic, and creative events take place during the year which all help to develop a breadth of experience. Some of these events include:
- Under 9 Sports fixtures against other IAPS schools
- Internal House matches and other House events
- Athletics events such as our cross-country Fun Run
- Lower School Sports day
- Swimming Galas
- BOATS – an inter-class swimming competition unique to The Banda
- Lower School Football World Cup
- Lower School Choir
- Informal Musical afternoons
- IAPS Music festivals
- Christmas Celebration Concert
- Lower School plays
- Artistic challenges – illustrating written work, designing Christmas cards and entering international art competitions
- Book week – to encourage a love of reading, with visiting authors and special events throughout the week, culminating in a book character costume day
- Poetry competitions for reading and reciting
- General Knowledge – to encourage the children to research questions and involve their whole family
- PTA Heroes party and a Christmas tree decorating party with parents and teaching staff;
- Charity and community based events
- French Day
- Field trips
We welcome parental involvement and support at such events which are shared in our termly calendar, available to parents at the beginning of each term.