DRAMA IS TAUGHT FORMALLY FROM YEAR 4 THROUGH TO YEAR 8.
The course progresses from learning basic techniques, improvisation and devised sketches to scripted performance, Shakespeare, Film Techniques and Silent Movies. The Drama course is designed to enable the children to look at cross- curricular themes in an environment that they feel safe to explore.
There is also plenty of opportunity for performance Drama. School productions take the following:
- Nativity - Pegasus Early Years
- Christmas Concert - Lower School
- Christmas Concert - Upper School
- School production - Lower School
- Year 7 Shakespeare impromptu en promenade
- School production - Pegasus Early Years
- School production - Years 5 and 6
- School production - Years 7 and 8
E-learning with iPADS enhances the learning performance as the children learn to video, play-back and critique their own devised performances.
The Badminton Trophy for Drama is an inter-IAPS schools drama event. The Banda has always performed to the highest level at this event having won in 2014, 2015 and 2017. The theme was 'Dreams' and we were very proud of the ten Under 11 and Under 13 boys and girls devised piece.