WELCOME TO SCIENCE AT THE BANDA SCHOOL
- We aim to excite, engage and stimulate the interest of our pupils in all aspects of Science.
- We employ a ‘hands on’ approach to Science both in the laboratory and outside, inspiring the children’s curiosity in the world around us.
- We encourage independent thinking by empowering the pupils and providing them with the tools to investigate problems and find the answers. The use of iPads in the classroom for Year 7 and 8 pupils has further enhanced these opportunities.
- We challenge all children in the preparatory school to achieve their very best whilst maintaining their enthusiasm for, and enjoyment of, Science.
- We predict that every child will develop a passion for Science, which will be maintained throughout their further education.
- Our Common Entrance results have been incredibly strong in recent years. Last year we achieved 51 A* or A grades across the three Sciences and 93% of our pupils obtained A* to C grades.
- Science is a rapidly developing and constantly evolving area of the curriculum. We are an innovative department who embrace change and are always looking for ways to improve our pupils’ learning experience.