WELCOME TO SCIENCE AT THE BANDA SCHOOL
- We predict that every child will develop a passion for Science which will be maintained throughout their further education.
- We aim to excite, engage and stimulate the interest of our pupils in all aspects of Science.
- To employ a ‘hands on’ approach to Science both in the laboratory and outside, inspiring the children’s curiosity in the world around us.
- To encourage independent thinking by empowering the pupils and providing them with the tools to investigate problems and find the answers. The use of iPads in the classroom for Years 6, 7 and 8 will further enhance recording and playback of practical experiments to research opportunities.
- To challenge all children in our Preparatory School to achieve their very best whilst maintaining their enthusiasm for, and enjoyment of, Science.
- Our Common Entrance results have been incredibly strong in recent years. During the 2016-17 academic year all our pupils sat the higher tier Science papers.
- Science is a rapidly developing and constantly evolving area of the curriculum. We are an innovative department who embrace change and are always looking for ways to improve our pupils’ learning experience.