SOMETHING THAT WE ARE VERY PROUD OF AT THIS INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL IS THE OPPORTUNITIES PRESENTED TO OUR PUPILS IN THE FORM OF TRIPS, PARTICULARLY GIVEN THAT KENYA HAS SO MUCH TO OFFER.
A considerable amount of thought is put into providing trips and extra-curricular activities which are both diverse and valuable in a child’s wider development, enabling pupils to discover what Kenya and the rest of world has to offer. Upmost consideration is taken into each and every child’s safety and well-being. A comprehensive risk assessment is completed for all trips and our children are covered with both AAR and AMREF medical insurance.
Pegasus Pre-prep and the Lower School educational day trips:
- The Animal Orphanage - Reception
- The Karura Forest – Year 2
- The Dairyland Ice cream Factory – Year 3
Educational Residential trips: These are fantastic opportunities for our children to experience completely different environments and activities from what they are familiar with.
- The Year 4 – an introductory residential trip to enjoy a night away at an adventure camp in Sagana.
- Geography residential field trips and a number of day trips linked to other subjects.
- Annual Ski trip – Switzerland, Italy, Austria.
- A language immersion trip to France.
- Hockey tour to the UK. Here we are hosted and compete against other IAPS schools and potential Upper Schools for our children.
- Mt. Kenya - Year 8 children embark on a challenging climb to the summit of Mt. Kenya. This is a gruelling five-day trip to 4985m and teaches the children about the meaning of determination and perseverance.
Each year group will undertake one trip per term. Our school trips are carefully planned and may relate to a curriculum or project based theme as well as year group bonding or outward bound to support team-building activities. It is our aim to enhance our pupil’s school experience by providing new and challenging opportunities to enable them to grow and develop into confident young people who are not frightened or intimidated about stepping out into the world.